International Sikh Research Conference 2017
17th June 2017
University of Warwick
The Sikh Museum Initiative will be holding up a pop up exhibition at the ISRC 2017. Come and visit us and see the highlight of the Anglo Sikh Wars which took place in Leicester.
The line-up of speakers at the fourth International Sikh Research Conference (ISRC2017). ISRC brings together academics, scholars and researchers and to encourage a spirit of collaboration within international Sikh studies academia. The conference aims to explore research and academic inquiry into various aspects of Sikh studies by providing an environment where academics, researchers and scholars can come together to pursue critical debate, discussion and inquiry into the many aspects of Sikh research in an open, constructive and collegial manner. The event provides a forum for collaborative dialogue and knowledge exchange as well as to raise awareness of academic enquiry and lines of research amongst the UK population.
Jaswinder Dhillon and Nest Thomas, The ‘£3 in the pocket’ generation narratives of British (Panjabi) Sikhs
Geetanjli Atri, Deras vs Sikhism
Guru Fatah Singh, Mool Mantra and the Transmission of Meditative Awareness
Jasjit Singh, Sikh Radicalisation
Katherine Joy Dowds, Sikhs in the ”Other Is[Ire]land”
Vijayta Mahendru, Hate Crimes and the Transnationalization of the Sikh Identity
Navdeep Kaur, The Accelerating role of Cultural Intelligence and learning in flourishing Resilient Sikh Diaspora
Harjinder Singh Lallie, What is Good Gurdwara Governance and what are the Axes of Compliance?
Rav Singh, Sikh History on the Streets of London
Jasvir Kaur, Sikhism and Positive Psychology
Robina Shoeb, Impact of educational policies in Punjab under Maharaja Ranjit Singh
Gurpreet Singh, Shiri Guru Granth Sahib studies and Digital Humanities
Tickets cost £17 and include lunch. You can register for the conference by following this URL: http://www.sikhconference.co.uk/registerandpay/
• Student Assistance: University students can attend at a reduced rate of £5. To take advantage of this, please email: HL@warwick.ac.uk using your university email account.
• Date and Venue: 17th June 2017 between 9.00 and 5.30 at the University of Warwick, CV4 7AL (room MS.04 which is located at the ZEEMAN building). Further joining instructions will be provided closer to the conference. Please do NOT attend unless you have pre-purchased a ticket. Tickets will not be available at the conference
• Campus map: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/visiting/maps/campusmap/
• Getting to the University: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/visiting/
• Booking University accommodation: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/conferences/
• Book accommodation near to the University: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/…/accommodat…/staff/contact/hotels